What we want
- A reduction in restrictive measures which do not greatly benefit employees but significantly increase costs for salon owners.
What are we doing
- We’re on the board of Coiffure EU, the European body for trade associations like the NHF which represents employers, negotiating on your behalf.
- Fighting against the implementation of unnecessary and expensive health & safety legislation in salons.
- Promoting healthy and safe working in salons and barbershops through training and toolbox materials.
How the NHF can help
- A free guide on health and safety for hairdressing and barbering is available to members and non-members of the NHF. More detailed information is included in the NHF’s health and safety toolkit which contains everything you need to cover health and safety law, in a box!
- The box includes a health and safety guide for you and your employees, risk assessments for the most common salon or barbershop hazards, a health and safety policy plus the mandatory health and safety poster, first aid kit, first aid and fire notices, accident book and more, all for the price of £65 plus £4.50 P&P for members and £99 plus P&P for non-members. Click here to order online. Or call a member of the membership team to order yours: 01234 831965.