Mandatory state registration for hairdressers
What we want
- Hairdressing and barbering to be recognised as a profession, with minimum standards for anyone working in a salon.
What are we doing
- We are on the Hair Council and the Barbers Council, working to make the present voluntary system mandatory.
- As the voice of employers, we’re making sure mandatory state registration will not increase costs or bring extra administration for employers.
For further information on state registration head to http://www.haircouncil.org.uk/
How the NHF can help
- The NHF has agreed a deal with the Hair Council to offer NHF members a discounted price on voluntary state registration.
- NHF Members that pay their Hair Council fee by direct debit annually will only pay a fee of £28 a year per employee rather than the standard fee of £42.
- To receive this discount, you must register with the Hair Council directly and provide them with your NHF membership number.