What we want
- Reduction in VAT for hairdressing which other EU member states benefit from eg Ireland (9%), Netherlands (6%), Poland and Lithuania (8%).
- The flat rate VAT for salons should be reduced from 13% to 5% (applies to salons with turnover under £150,000, 2016).
- The VAT threshold should be reduced from £83k (2016) to £40k to bring more of the industry in scope so there is a level playing field for businesses of all sizes, with everyone paying a lower rate.
What are we doing
- CEO, Hilary writes letter to previous Minister for Skills – Nick Boles and response can be seen here:
How the NHF can help
- NHF membership gives you tax and VAT protection, covering for accountancy and legal fees between £250 and £50,000 incurred from all tax and VAT investigations (terms apply).
- Free tax and commercial lifeline available Monday to Friday 9-5 for NHF members.