NHF campaigning for the hair and beauty industry
Informing salons across the UK
We fight to get the best outcomes for your business and for the hairdressing, barbering and beauty industry.
We ask our Members for their views and listen to feedback, so we can confidently represent the industry.
We are currently campaigning and providing the industry and NHF Members with advice and support on these key areas:
- Protecting salon owners by finding further efficient ways for allergy alert testing.
- Working to improve the apprenticeship standards and funding models for the industry.
- Improving the high street and supporting small businesses by campaigning on business rates.
- Keeping Members informed on the latest changes to employment law.
- Fighting against unnecessary EU health & safety directives in the UK.
- Supporting mandatory state registration for hairdressers and barbers.
- Improving the knowledge within the hair and beauty industry on minimum wages.
- Raising awareness about employers’ requirement on pensions and auto-enrolment.
- Producing clear guidelines regarding self-employment to salon owners and the self-employed.
- Campaigning for fairer rates of VAT. Link to VAT campaigning page
To support our campaigns and help us fight for the industry join the NHF today and make our voice louder.