Improving hair & beauty apprenticeship standards
What we want
- Apprenticeships which give young people ‘salon ready’ skills needed by employers.
- A funding model which works for small businesses.
- Apprenticeships recognised as the best route into our industry.
What have we achieved?
- Working with the trailblazer group of employers, we’ve helped develop new apprenticeship standards for hairdressing, barbering and beauty at level 2 from May 2017.
- Working with employers and the awarding organisations, a new qualification has been developed which includes a practical end-test, similar to a trade test, carried out by independent examiners who have not been involved in training as the final, graded assessment.
- Successfully campaigned for a better funding deal for small employers and those taking on 16-18 year olds.
What are we doing?
- Working with the trailblazer group of employers on level 3 apprenticeship standards.
- Campaigning for digital funding systems to be as simple as possible.
- Developing high quality careers information for schools, parents and young people to encourage them into apprenticeships.
Improve your knowledge on apprenticeship standards
Changes to the apprenticeship standards within England take effect on 1 May 2017. Our free guide explains how these changes will affect hair, beauty and barber business owners.
Do you have a salon or barbershop Apprentice? NHF Members enjoy free access to legal advice and support, plus free NHF Apprenticeship Contracts.
Want to ensure you’re kept up to date with all the changes to Apprenticeships and benefit from our free legal support? Join the NHF today and help make our voice louder and your business stronger.