Step Up and Shine 2017
The Fellowship for British Hairdressing and the National Hairdressers’ Federation search for the next winner of Step Up & Shine has now begun.
How to apply for this once in a lifetime opportunity:
We want to know about you and why you would be the perfect candidate for this incredible Scholarship. We ask that all applicants record a 60 second video to Instagram with the hashtag #stepupandshine. It really is that easy!
- The hairdresser can be of any level experience, age or geographic location.
- £2,500 will be available for the year and will cover tuition fees, travel and overnight expenses.
- The Christofer Mann step-up & shine scholarship is awarded to one hairdresser every year.
- We want to know why you would love this opportunity so make sure you tell us why.
- Got an image you are proud of, or a haircut you think shows your skills, then show us.
- Think about where you are recording. We want to know about you, so choose a quiet location.
- Don’t forget the hashtag #stepupandshine – without it we can’t see your video and you might miss out on being selected.
The closing date for getting your video up on Instagram is 3rd February 2017 this means we have plenty of time for our selection committee to have a look at all of the entries. A shortlist of 6 applicants are then selected.
During the months of February and March we come to your salon to meet you. We will observe you working and take a moment to get to know you. All of this information will then be taken to our final judging panel who will select the winner!
For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be revealed at the Fellowships prestigious Presidents Night in April 2017
DEBBIE G STEP UP & SHINE MENTOR
“This is such an exciting iniative. Christofer was a huge supporter of grass-roots hairdressing and believed whole heartedly in the concept of education for all. The Scholarship is open to any stylist or assistant, of any age and any level, anywhere in the UK. No experience is necessary but the drive and enthusiasm to learn is vital.
EVANGELINE BARRETT from BLONDZ Hair in Weymouth
“Since April’s President Night I have been on top of the world as I have experienced some amazing courses and met some incredible industry experts who have taken the time to help me grow as a hairdresser. I cannot wait for the rest of my experience and I definitely encourage everyone to enter.”
This really has been the most amazing opportunity!