7 Steps To Prepare
What do I need to do to prepare for auto enrolment for my salon or barbershop? 7 steps to prepare as advised by The Pensions Regulator
1. Find out your staging date
- You must be prepared for your staging date.
- You’ll need your PAYE reference to find out your staging date which can be found on letters you’ve received from The Pensions regulator about auto enrollement.
- Click here to find out your staging date
2. Assess your workforce
- Eligible workers will need to be automatically enrolled in a pension scheme.
- An ‘eligible worker’ is:
- Aged between 22 and state pension age
- Working or ordinarily working in the UK
- Earning more than £10,000 a year.
- Workers who are not eligible still have the right to opt in.
3. Review your pension arrangements
- Review your existing pension scheme.
- Choosing a qualifying pension scheme (Remember the NHF have a pension scheme with Wren Sterling for the hair and beauty industry, open to NHF members and non-members).
4. Communicate the changes to all your workers
- It’s the employers’ duty to write to your employees and let them know how they will be affected by the change.
5. Automatically enrol your ‘eligible jobholders’
- You will need to supply details to the pension providers of the eligible workers so they become a member of the scheme.
6. Register with the Pensions Regulator and keep records
- You need to inform The Pensions Regulator that you’ve fulfilled your duty.
- Keep records on the enrolled workers and the contributions paid.
7. Contribute to your workers’ pensions
- Now that you’ve set up your pension scheme you now need to contribute to the chosen pension scheme on the behalf of your employees.
FURTHER NHF PENSION INFORMATION
CONTACT 0330 123 5970