We can help you if you if you're renting out space or a room in your beauty salon.
Like any other business decision, you need to go into it with your eyes wide open. The NBF can provide you with the advice and documentation you need whether you’re the room/area renter or the owner of the beauty salon.
This section covers:
- Free agreements for renting out treatment rooms or other space from a salon
Advice and support
- 24/7 commercial helpline to answer queries on commercial law, tax, VAT and payroll
- Space and room renting guide for beauty salon owners
- Guide to being a self-employed beauty therapist
- 20% discount off Salonsure insurance
- Quote & buy for immediate cover
Running a business support & advice
- Guide to delivering an outstanding client experience
- GDPR toolkit
- Salon stationery including: loyalty cards and gift vouchers
- Salon marketing guide
- Business finance guide
- Card payment processing guide
- Handling complaints guide
- Selling your business guide
- Latest news & blogs
Health & safety
- Discounts on health & safety toolkits
Lobbying for you
- Self-employment, employment status and rights
Please see below typical scenarios that we help our members with daily:
Q: Do I need to have a contract between myself and the space/room renter?
A: Yes, we would advise you to have a contract between both parties – we can supply the agreements free of charge as part of your membership.
Q: I’ve got a spare room in my business and thinking of making it an additional treatment room. Can I rent out the space?
A: Yes, you can rent out the space. There will be lots of areas to consider before taking the plunge as well as looking at the pros and cons.
Membership is open to all UK beauty salons and costs from just £149 for Solo Members. Join us today and enjoy immediate access to our many membership benefits, alternatively call us on 01234 831965 or email us.
*Important information about your legal expenses cover:
Worried about lawyers’ costs? As an NBF Member you are automatically registered in our Commercial Legal Expenses Scheme for employment and tax disputes.
This cover (free and part of your membership benefits) will pay your business legal costs up to £50,000*. The comprehensive cover extends to solicitors’ and barristers’ fees, court costs, expenses for Expert Witness and accountants’ fees (subject to normal policy terms, conditions and limitations being met). The policy may also pay the costs of appealing or defending an appeal.
The first £250 of costs and expenses in respect of any claim must be paid by you direct to the representative appointed to act for you as soon as a claim is accepted.