Beauty businesses are among the most popular independent start-ups for would-be entrepreneurs. So, if you’ve decided it’s right to launch your own beauty business, then take a look at how the NBF could help you.
First things first download our free start up guide to make sure this is the right decision for you.
This section covers:
- Room or space renting agreements
- A guide to being a self-employed beauty therapist
- Chair, space and room renting for salon and barbershop owners guide
Health & safety
- Discounts on health & safety toolkits
- Health & safety advice line
- Latest news & advice
- Special rates on insurance, PPL music licence, magazines, employee benefits & card payment solutions
- Data protection (GDPR)
- Up to £50,000 automatic legal expenses insurance for tax disputes
- 20% discount off employers’ liability insurance
- Quote & buy for standard beauty salon insurance (up to and including level 3)
- Advanced beauty treatment packages (level 4 or above)
Courses & coaching
- Discounted rates for business and creative events
- 1:1 coaching
Lobbying for you
- Self-employment, employment status and rights
- VAT and other taxes
- Business rates and the high street
- Business red tape
- Cracking down on rogue businesses
Become an NBF Member and get instant access to a wide range of additional benefits that offer incredible value for money. We’ll help you boost your business while keeping you safe, legal and bang up to date with all the latest business legislation that will affect you.
Please see below typical scenarios that we help our members with daily:
Q: I want to start my own business where do I start?
A: First things first – download the guide to starting a beauty business. There’s a lot to think about including finding premises, financing your business, getting licensed, organising and insurance and ensuring health & safety. We can support you but you’ve got to be sure it’s the right decision for you.
Q: How do I keep up to date with the latest changes to legislation and ensure that my business is complying with law?
A: As an NBF Member you’ll receive communications through our Members magazine salonfocus, e-newsletters and the quarterly CEO update. These are packed with the latest news, advice and changes which could impact your business. GDPR is a great example where we provided NBF Members with a GDPR toolkit.
NHF Membership is open to all beauty salons and costs from just £147 for Solo Members. Why not join the NBF today or call us on 01234 831965 or email us? We’re here to answer your questions and chat to you about how NHF membership will benefit your hair or beauty business.
Already an NHF Member? To learn more about the support the NBF offers your business just login, call one of our Membership Team on 01234 831965 or email us with your questions. We’re here to help you run a successful business.
*Important information about your legal expenses cover:
Worried about lawyers’ costs? As an NBF Member you are automatically registered in our Commercial Legal Expenses Scheme for employment and tax disputes.
This cover (free and part of your membership benefits) will pay your business legal costs up to £50,000*. The comprehensive cover extends to solicitors’ and barristers’ fees, court costs, expenses for Expert Witness and accountants’ fees (subject to normal policy terms, conditions and limitations being met). The policy may also pay the costs of appealing or defending an appeal.
The first £250 of costs and expenses in respect of any claim must be paid by you direct to the representative appointed to act for you as soon as a claim is accepted.