Struggling to understand the latest H&S legislation? Not sure on the H&S requirements for your hair and barbering business? NHF Members get access to our H&S tools designed especially for the hair & barbering industry. Receive free advice and discounts to ensure your business complies with the latest regulations.
This section covers:
Health & safety helpline
- Free helpline to provide health & safety advice
- 20% discount off salonsure insurance
- Quote & buy for immediate specialist cover
Discounts on health & safety packs and toolkits
- Health & safety policy documents
- Risk assessment templates
- A guide to health & safety for hair salons and barbershops
- Health & safety poster
- First aid kit
- Accident book
- First aid and fire notices
Allergy alert testing and colour products
- Guide to allergy alert testing and colour products
- Colour record cards
- Discounts on Colourstart allergy alert tests
- GDPR consent for allergy alert tests
- Poster on allergy alert testing for your staffroom
Free health & safety documentation
- Guide to health & safety for hair salons & barbershops
- Brazilian hair straightening fact sheet
- Suppling hair & beauty products factsheet
Employment related documents
- Medical report request letter
- Return to work interview form
- Self-certification sickness form
Courses & training
- Discounted rates for business events
Check out our packed events calendar and see how they could help you and your boost your business.
Please see below typical scenarios that we help our members with daily:
Q: Do health & safety laws apply to my small business?
A: Health & safety applies to all businesses however big or small they are. We can help you with the requirements you need and have a health & safety helpline to offer you advice.
Q: A member of staff is pregnant is there anything I need to do?
A: As well as the employment law side of the business you should complete a risk assessment to minimise any risk to the employee. We can support you in what risks need to be thought about and provide you with templates.
Q: Do I need a first aider?
A: We can advise you on the requirements of first aid depending on your business. We also regularly hold first aid courses specific for hair and beauty salons.
Allergy alert testing:
Q: Can I colour hair for an under 16-year old?
A: No. Our allergy alert testing advice guidelines can advise you on who you should and shouldn’t be applying colour to.