Like any other business decision, you need to go into it with your eyes wide open. The NHF can provide you with the advice and documentation you need whether you’re the chair/ room/area renter or the owner.
This section covers:
- Free contracts for chair renting
- Agreements for renting out treatment rooms or other space
Advice and support
- 24/7 commercial helpline to answer queries on commercial law, tax, VAT and payroll.
- Chair, space and room renting for salon and barbershop owners
- Guide to being a chair renter
- Guide to being a self-employed beauty therapist
- 20% discount off Salonsure insurance
- Quote & buy for immediate specialist cover
Running a business support & advice
- Guide to delivering an outstanding client experience
- GDPR toolkit
- Salon stationery including: first hair cut certificate and loyalty cards
- Salon marketing guide
- Business finance guide
- Card payment processing guide
- Handling complaints guide
- Selling your business guide
- Latest news & blogs
Health & safety
- Discounts on health & safety toolkits
- Allergy alert testing kits and guidelines
Lobbying for you
- Self-employment, employment status and rights
• Starting up
Please see below typical scenarios that we help our members with daily:
Q: Do I need to have a contract between myself and the chair/room renter?
A: Yes, we would advise you to have a contract between both parties – we can supply the contracts free of charge as part of your membership.
Q: I’ve got a spare room in my business and thinking of making it a beauty room. Can I rent out the space?
A: Yes, you can rent out the space. Like chair renters there will be lots of areas to consider before taking the plunge as well as looking at the pros and cons.
Support and protection for your hair or beauty business
Membership is open to all UK barbers and hair & beauty salons and costs from just £147 for Solo Members. Join us today and enjoy immediate access to our many membership benefits, alternatively call us on 01234 831965 or email us.
*Important information about your legal expenses cover:
Worried about lawyers’ costs? As an NHF Member you are automatically registered in our Commercial Legal Expenses Scheme for employment and tax disputes.
This cover (free and part of your membership benefits) will pay your business legal costs up to £50,000*. The comprehensive cover extends to solicitors’ and barristers’ fees, court costs, expenses for Expert Witness and accountants’ fees (subject to normal policy terms, conditions and limitations being met). The policy may also pay the costs of appealing or defending an appeal.
The first £250 of costs and expenses in respect of any claim must be paid by you direct to the representative appointed to act for you as soon as a claim is accepted.