Struggling to understand the latest H&S legislation? Not sure on the H&S requirements for your hair and barbering business? NHF Members get access to our H&S tools designed especially for the hair & barbering industry. Receive free advice and discounts to ensure your business complies with the latest regulations.
This section covers:
Health & safety helpline
- 24/7 commercial helpline to provide health & safety advice
- 20% discount off salonsure insurance
- Quote & buy for immediate specialist cover
Discounts on health & safety packs and toolkits
- Health & safety policy documents
- Risk assessment templates
- A guide to health & safety for hair salons and barbershops
- Health & safety poster
- First aid kit
- Accident book
- First aid and fire notices
Allergy alert testing and colour products
- Guide to allergy alert testing and colour products
- Colour record cards & guidelines
- Client information sheets
- Instructions posters
- Downloadable GDPR consent form
- Colourstart sample and discount (can be posted to clients)
- Insurance information
Free health & safety documentation
- Guide to health & safety for hair salons & barbershops
- Brazilian hair straightening fact sheet
- Suppling hair & beauty products factsheet
Courses & training
- Discounted rates for business events
- 60% discount with MHDPro online health & safety training
Check out our packed events calendar and see how they could help you and your boost your business.
Please see below typical scenarios that we help our members with daily:
Q: I’m a chair renter does health and safety apply to me?
A: Health & safety applies to all businesses however big or small they are. We can help you with the requirements you need and have a health & safety helpline to offer you advice.
Q: What risk assessments do I need?
A: As well as the employment law side of the business you should complete a risk assessment to minimise risk. We can support you in what risks need to be thought about and provide you with templates.
Q: Do I need to be first aid trained even if I don’t employ people?
A: We can advise you on the requirements of first aid depending on your business. We also regularly hold first aid courses specific for hair and beauty salons.
Allergy alert testing:
Q: Can I colour hair for someone under 16?
Our allergy alert testing advice guidelines advise you on applying colour and whether an allergy alert test is needed.
Join the NHF today and receive immediate access to all our membership benefits. Membership is open to all UK barbers and hair & beauty salons and costs from just £149 for Solo Members.