Sale Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you submit your order with us.
National Hairdressers’ Federation Limited (NHF or we/us/our) is a Co-operative and Community Benefit Society registered with the Financial Conduct Authority with company number 30905R and registered address at One Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford MK44 3WH.
By submitting your order you have entered into an agreement with us, as set out in these terms and conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about the meaning of any of these terms.
NHF reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by amending these online on our website at www.nhf.info/home/ (‘our website’).
Terms and conditions for sale
1. What these terms cover: These are the terms and conditions on which we supply Products to you, whether these are goods, services, digital content or other materials (“Products”).
2. Why you should read them: Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide Products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract with you, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us using the details provided in clause 6 below.
3. Business customers: We provide or sell some Products to non-NHF members but in all cases consider those purchasing or otherwise obtaining our Products are a “business” for the purpose of the law.
4. Acknowledgment: You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms and that you will have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in these terms.
Information about us and how to contact us
5. We are the National Hairdressers’ Federation, a Cooperative and Community Benefit Society registered in England and Wales. Our registration number is 30905R and our address is One Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford MK44 3WH. Our registered VAT number is 335114196. We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
6. You can contact us by telephoning our membership team at 01234 831965 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or NHF, One Abbey Court, Fraser Road, Priory Business Park, Bedford MK44 3WH.
7. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
"Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Our contract with you
8. Our acceptance of your order for our Products (each an ‘Ordered Product’) will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
9. If we are unable to accept your order for any Ordered Product, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the Ordered Product. This might be because the Ordered Product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the Ordered Product or because you are no longer a member of the NHF.
10. Our website is solely for the promotion of our Products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders for our Products from addresses outside the UK.
Our rights to make changes
11. We may change the Ordered Product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes should not affect your use of the Ordered Product.
12. We may update or require you to update digital content, provided that the digital content will always match the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it.
Providing the products
13. Any costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website at www.nhf.info/nhf-shop/ (‘our website’).
14. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the Ordered Products to you. If the Ordered Product is an ongoing service or subscription, we will also tell you during the order process when and how you can end the contract.
15. We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of any Ordered Product is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Ordered Product you have paid for but not received.
16. Suspending supply. We may have to suspend the supply of any Ordered Product to:
(a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
(b) update the Ordered Product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(c) make changes to the Ordered Product as requested by you or notified by us to you.
We may also suspend supply of any Ordered Product to take formal court proceedings if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the Ordered Product when you are supposed to and you still do not make payment within 30 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the Ordered Product until you have paid us the outstanding amount. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the Ordered Product. We will not suspend the Ordered Products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 24). We will not charge you for the Ordered Products during the period for which its supply is suspended. As well as suspending the supply of the Ordered Product we can also charge you interest on your overdue payment (see clause 23).
Our rights to end the contract
17. We may end the contract for an Ordered Product at any time by writing to you if:
(a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 30 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
(b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the Ordered Product; or
(c) you defame the NHF or otherwise bring the organisation into disrepute.
Price and payment
18. Where to find the price for the Product. The price of the Ordered Product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on our website. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Product advised to you is correct.
19. Payment. You may make a one-off payment for the Ordered Product by cheque, BACS, credit or debit card or an annual/ monthly payment by Direct Debit before we dispatch, deliver, you download or we provide the Ordered Product.
20. We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the Ordered Product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Ordered Product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
21. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the Ordered Product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Ordered Product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
You may make a one-off payment for Ordered Products by cheque, BACS, credit or debit card or an annual/ monthly payment by Direct Debit.
22. Our right of set-off. You must pay all amounts due to us under these terms in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law).
23. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 2% a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time. This interest will accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
24. If you think an invoice for any Ordered Product is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
25. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you. Nothing in these terms will limit or exclude our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
(d) defective Products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
(e) any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
26. The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded.
27. Subject to clause 25:
(a) we will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or restitution, or for breach of statutory duty or misrepresentation, or otherwise, for any:
(i) loss of profit;
(ii) loss of goodwill;
(iii) loss of business;
(iv) loss of business opportunity;
(v) loss of anticipated saving;
(vi) loss or corruption of data or information; or
(vii) special, indirect or consequential damage,
suffered by the other party that arises under or in connection with these terms.
(b) our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Ordered Products in the order to which the relevant claim referred to in this sub-clause 27 (b) relates.
How information about you will be used
28. We will only use your personal information as set out in our privacy notice.
Other important terms
29. We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
30. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
31. Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to. This contract is between you and us. No other person will have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
32. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the clauses of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
33. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Ordered Products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
34. Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.