What we want
- Fundamental reform of business rates to move away from a system based on property prices.
|Business Rates: An NHF poll of members found that four out of 10 (42%) are expecting to be hit by a higher bill from April 2017|
What have we achieved?
- Successfully campaigned for increased thresholds for exemptions or reductions in business rates for small businesses.
What are we doing?
- Working with other trade associations, particularly retail, to make a case for more fundamental reform.
- Supporting initiatives to improve the high street and help small businesses.
- Raising awareness of the business rate reliefs available to salon and barber shop owners.
- Campaigning to reduce the financial burden of business rates on small businesses.
Keeping you up to date on the latest business rates news
Not sure how to stay up to date with all the changes to business rates? Don’t know who to speak to with your thoughts and opinions? The NHF continue to research to provide up to date news and views whilst listening to you through our Member surveys.
Join the NHF today to make sure you receive the latest updates to business rates and make our voice louder.