What we want
- Increases to the National Living Wage to be slowed down to reduce the impact on small businesses.
- Apprentices to be paid at the same rate regardless of age.
What have we achieved?
- Raised awareness of the common reasons for under-payment so helping salon owners comply with the law and reduce prosecutions, fines and government ‘naming and shaming’.
What are we doing?
- Calling for measures to reduce the impact of wage increases such as reducing VAT, increasing the Employment Allowance, reductions in business rates and National Insurance Contributions.
- Ensuring decision-makers understand the impact of big wage rises on small labour-intensive businesses.
- Raising awareness of the code of practice on tipping.
Improving your NMW knowledge
NHF Members have their say when we consult the hair & beauty industry voice on minimum wage to the Low Pay Commission. NHF membership gives you access to a range of valuable information if you have any queries or need any help in checking whether your employees are being paid the correct rate, including the National Minimum Wage guide. Become a member today and join the NHF