What we want
- A level playing field for employers and the self-employed.
What have we achieved?
- Produced clear-cut guidance on the advantages and disadvantages of chair renting/treatment room renting and what salon owners can and can’t do to stay within the law.
|Self-employed: 48% (76,000) of people working in hairdressing and barbering and 57% (48,000) of people working in beauty are self employed.|
What are we doing?
- Contributing to the government review of the ‘gig economy’ and modern working practices.
- Encouraging the government to take a joined-up approach to tax, VAT, licences, illegal non-EU workers to stamp out exploitations and prevent rogue employers undercutting reputable businesses.
How we can help you
NHF membership gives you access to range of materials and supporting regarding self-employment including:
- The NHF Chair Renting Guide
- Support from the NHF commercial team
- Free contracts
Join now and give your business a boost. If you are self-employed you can join the NHF for just £147.